Sticky Note Performance Piece


           Due to my unfortunately high amount of social anxiety, I utilized the anonymity aspect of the Guerrilla Girls. Although unlike them I decided to spread words of love and encouragement for finals season rather than try to be exclusively political. I went out of my way to ensure that no one knew the notes were from me by waiting until I was the only one in the restroom. There are many days that I find myself looking around for a sign that things are going to be okay, and I truly hope that this project gave someone that satisfaction. I covered the women's bathrooms in Straz, Morsani, ICB/Starbucks, Cass, and Vaughn. If I was to go back and do this again I would have tried to use my DSLR camera rather than my phone, use more direct quotes, and include off-campus restrooms as well.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

#MeToo Video Art

The Body as a Medium