Broadway

Unfortunately, I am not familiar with most of the shows mentioned in this blog but it was very entertaining to watch through the video clips and experience even a small portion of new shows. I personally have seen Wicked twice, Into the Woods, and Legally Blonde Off Broadway. I had the experience to see Annie on Broadway in Manhattan a few summers ago and that was by far the best show experience I have ever had. While it was not particularly my favorite show, it was simply an amazing experience being at a legitimate Broadway show compared to shows I have gone to in Omaha or Kansas City in the past. The talent of the performers such as Idina Menzel, Liza Minnelli, Gwen Verdon and countless other Broadway greats blows me away. I also really appreciate the complexity of the set design, costuming, and blocking of Broadway shows. The shows are similar to very elaborate puzzles that require every detail to be perfect in order for the execution to be perfect. In filmmaking, there is so much room for error because of the ability to shoot scenes multiple times from different angles, but Broadway is the polar opposite.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

#MeToo Video Art

Sticky Note Performance Piece

The Body as a Medium